Have you ever thought about how your brain is affected when someone suffers from a concussion or other types of head injury? The following article from Cerebrum Health Center, goes into excellent detail on:
- What happens during a concussion.
- What happens if you do not seek treatment.
- Concussion recovery and how long it takes.
- How to know if you may or may not be suffering from a concussion.
- What to do and not to do if you have concussion.
Concussions are the most common type of traumatic brain injury, with up to 4 million reported cases each year. For young people between the ages of 15 to 24, sports are the second leading cause of traumatic brain injury. It’s estimated that about 10% of all athletes receive concussions in any given year.
For men, football is the worst offender. For women, it’s soccer. Of course, concussions aren’t always a result of contact sports. Read the article at http://cerebrum.com/cms/what-happens-to-the-brain-during-a-concussion/
Related news stories – Cerebrum DFW